The Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) 7000 series offers flexibility and scalability from small to large size SCADA applications in various industries. It is designed for deployment in outdoor or harsh environment with operating temperature of 70°C and humidity reaching 90% RH.
We have in the Power industry where it monitors and control the switchgears in Distribution Lines (6.6KV stations and below). In the water industry, it was deployed for the monitoring and control of the pumping stations, lifting stations, valves, meters (energy, flow, pressure and temperature), reservoirs and water quality sites.
The RTU 7000 series consists of:
- CPU 7001 Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- DIM-7020: 32 point Digital Input Module
- DOM-7030: 16 point Digital Output Module
- AIM-7040: 16 point Analogue Input Module
- AOM-7050: 16 point Analogue Output Module
- ACM-7060: 8 point Accumulator Module
- EXP-7011: Expansion module with 4 x RS485 ports, 8 Digital Inputs, 4 x Digital Outputs and 1 x Modem Carrier
- EXP-7013: Expansion module with 8 x Digital Inputs, 4 x Digital Outputs, 4 x Analog Inputs, 4 x RS232 ports and 1 x Modem Carrier
- EXP-7014: Expansion module with 8 x RS232 ports and 1 x Modem Carrier
It has large memory capacity; 256MB SDRAM and Flash Memory of 128MB comes preloaded with embedded Linux 3.2. The Operating System is proven and reliable that enables feature rich firmware to be written, such as enhanced network security, control and diagnostics. The I/O modules are hot-swappable during live operation, ensuring a reliable system.
The RTU 7000 series supports redundant CPU modules and also redundant communication links to central control system. It supports combination of different communication media for redundancy links enhancing reliability for mission critical sites. Communication media using CCITT V.34 modems for dialup or private lease lines, ADSL modems, 3G/4G wireless modems, radio network and DSL Ethernet provided flexibility in deployment.
The RTU 7000 series supports internationally standardized communication protocols for:
- Serial transmission IEC 60870-5-101
- Ethernet (TCP/IP) IEC 60870-5-104
- Ethernet (TCP/IP) Distributed Network Protocol (DNP 3.0)
- Serial Distributed Network Protocol (DNP 3.0)
- Modbus serial
- Modbus Ethernet (TCP/IP)
- V.34, V.90 modulation
It has battery backed real-time clock and time synchronization modes via:
- TCP/IP based network
- DNP 3.0, IEC60870-5 protocols
The RTU 7000 series is easily configurable using easy-to-use Graphical User Interface programming tools that complies with IEC 61131-3 standards. The programming languages supported are:
- Function Block Diagram (FBD)
- Ladder Diagram
- Structured Text (ST)
Remote downloading of projects via file transfer with IEC 60870-5-101 and DNP3 is supported.
The RTU 7000 RTU has gone through a series of rigorous tests achieving the following certifications:
- CISPR 22: Radiated and Conducted Emission
- IEC 61000-4-2: Electrostatic Discharge Immunity Test
- IEC 61000-4-3: RF Electromagnetic Immunity Test
- IEC 61000-4-4: Electrical Fast Transient Test
- IEC 61000-4-5: Surge Immunity Test
- IEC 61000-4-6: Conducted RF Disturbance
- IEC 61000-4-8: Magnetic Field Test
- IEC 61000-4-11: Voltage Dips, Interruption and Voltage Variation Test
- ENV50204: Radiated Electromagnetic - Immunity Test